Tom E. Griffith
4515 Griffith Road, MonRoe, NC 28112
(704) 576-9271 ● email@example.com
summary of qualifications
An Energetic and Innovative Leader and Warehouse Manager with extensive experience in transportation, warehousing, and finance and expertise in meeting the specialized needs of clients, administration and staff. A proven positive self-starter who takes pride in promoting an organization’s image and reputation and creating harmony. Interpersonal and communication strengths are complemented by well-developed organizational skills. Knowledgeable and personable in dealing with business and client relationships. A team player that is a quick learner with excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills. Detailed oriented with an excellent attendance record. Published Author and 2nd Degree Black Belt Karate Instructor.
M3 ENGINEERING. Charlotte, NC 2015 to Present
Site Materials Manager
Oversee all Unloading, Inventory control, and Product Issuing of all materials needed to build all structures and
Outlying environmental alterations (pipe, steel, electrical equipment, etc) for the app. $330 Million Dollar Haile Gold Mine operation in Kershaw, SC.
R82 U.S.A., Stallings, NC 2001 to 2015
Credit Manager, 2014 to 2015
Warehouse Manager, 2002 to 2014
Customer Service, 2001 to 2002
Credit: Responsible for overall credit transactions for a subsidiary of R82 that produces technical aids and appliances for disabled children and young people throughout the world. Processed daily accounting transactions, reconciled customer accounts, and general ledger account balances. Processed cash receipts, posted payments and prepared bank deposits. Processed credit applications and set up new accounts. Maintained Credit Hold lists, collected Past Due monies and issued Statement of Accounts. Responded to customer inquiries in a timely basis. Reviewed and calculated payroll hours. Warehouse: Managed all daily aspects of Shipping and Receiving department in a distribution setting including inventory control, shipment receiving, order pulling, shipping, forklift training, and returns authorizations. Supervised six person warehouse staff and managed all daily warehouse functions.
- Reduced 90+ Past Due Accounts Balances from 4.77% to 3.97% in one year's time on net A/R of $2.2 million.
- Consistently exceeded expectations and promoted to Warehouse Manager in 2002 and to Credit Manager in 2014.
- Successfully instituted a daily Cycle Count system and reorganized inventory control functions, increasing annual inventory accuracy from 85% to 99.5%.
- Effectively combined two warehouses to one location without interruption in daily operations.
Autumn Cashmere, Inc., Rochester Hills, MI 1998 to 2001
Managed all aspects of Shipping and Receiving department in a distribution setting for a vertically integrated operation producing innovative knitwear, cashmere blend and cotton sweaters. Maintained inventory control, shipment receiving, order pulling, shipping, and inventory. Supervised 4-6 warehouse staff and managed all daily warehouse functions.
- Completely reorganized warehouse area, including better signs, safety equipment, and shelving for improved efficiency, including two expansion warehouses.
- Created and implemented a Policy and Procedure Manual for all Warehouse Operations.
- Instituted a random stock check system and check-in procedure, which reduced inventory data errors by 40%.
- Selected and served as the unofficial In-house Computer Professional for 1999.
RRT SPECIALISTS, Clarkston, Mi 1994 to 1998
Managed all facets of inventory control including purchasing, computer operations, shipment receiving, inventory and warehouse maintenance for a hospital equipment and supply company. Supervised delivery and repair staff of four people and managed all delivery and repair scheduling on a daily basis.
- Obtained a new supplier for medical supplies, which reduced shipping time from three days to one and resulted in a monthly savings of $600.
- Procured and implemented a two-way radio system in all delivery and repair vehicles for improved daily communications.
- Successfully reworked computer reorder listing for easier and more accurate use in purchasing.
- Implemented new professional uniform standards.
- Instituted a daily vehicle safety inspection to improve maintenance and employee safety.
PREFERRED/DAMON LABORATORIES, Auburn Hills, Mi 1993
Managed a department of 40 people including 30 routes and drivers, and support personnel including dispatchers, fleet maintenance, and others. Created and implemented departmental improvements, hired, disciplined, maintained computer reports, and daily managerial responsibilities.
- Monitored overtime and implemented new routes and schedules which reduced overtime by 50% in 5 months and 100% in 8 months resulting in $20,000 per month savings.
- Designed physical layout of transportation department in new building addition to maximize efficiency and effective use of space.
- Reduced missed specimen pickup error rate by 70% through effective discipline, investigation and careful monitoring.
- Reorganized departmental hierarchy and chain-of-command to clarify reporting structure.
- Eliminated use of outside courier service by more effective use of personnel for an estimated monthly savings of $5000.
METPATH OF MICHIGAN, Auburn Hills, Michigan 1981 to 1993
Managed daily warehouse activities, including computer operation, order picking, shipment receiving, inventory, supply shipment and deliver, and warehouse maintenance. Supervised four employees while planning and implementing departmental improvements and maintenance of on-hand inventory.
- Hired as Courier, Promoted to Senior Courier, then Manager - Shipping Section
- Relocated entire warehouse of 2,500 line items to a new facility with only one day of interruption of service.
- Created a magnetic shelf label system, which resulted in easier identification and relocation of stock items.
- Elected to Chairman of the Quality Improvement Team due to leadership abilities.
Certifications & Professional Training